These simple Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sliders are so perfect and so easy to make! The combination of poppy seed, butter, dijon and Worcestershire give these sliders a flavor that is extraordinary. SO GOOD. They are so loved that I’ve never had leftovers when I make them . Including last night at my husband’s birthday party. I also served these easy Slow Cooker Cocktail Meatballs which are amazing as well!
I’ve found several versions of these Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sliders on the internet and some suggest that you can use any dinner roll. I do not find this to be the case. I’ve made them using another brand and they were not as tasty (still good but very different). In my opinion….. King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Dinner Rolls are the best to use for this recipe.
Speaking of my husband’s birthday…. I think this is the best way to end one…. watching Original Star Wars on a big screen on the patio!
- 24 King's Hawaiian Original Sweet Dinner Rolls (some recipes for these sliders say you use any dinner roll. I don't find this to be true. King's Hawaiian Rolls are the best in my opinion).
- 1 lb sliced ham (I prefer Black Forest over Honey Ham for this recipe. However, any ham will do).
- 24 small squares of Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (this amount will vary depending on how much you use per roll. I personally do not use much mayo on these sandwiches.)
- 1 tbsp Poppsyseeds
- 1½ tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cut rolls in half and spread mayo onto 1 side. Place a slice or two of ham and slice of Swiss cheese in roll. Replace the top of the rolls and bunch them closely together into a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together poppy seeds, dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for additional 2 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.