We are a family that loves hot and crispy chicken tenders. Everyone does right?? The crunch, the salt, and all the dips. Be still my heart. 🙂 And the trendy air fryer has made it easier to get a lovely fried chicken tender without all of the grease and fat.
But, for me, the typical air fryer is extremely small. It is so small that it forces you to make almost anything you “fry” in several batches. Because of this, I initially decided not to get one.
In 2019 we bought our house and all of the appliances in the kitchen were previously upgraded except the oven and stovetop. After a lot of research…. enter the full-size Frigidaire oven complete with air frying capabilities! I am also pretty sure it was the first full-size oven that is also an air fryer.
Side note: (this post is not sponsored by Frigidaire at all – I just really love this oven!) Another feature that I really like is the steam clean option (it is also a self-cleaning oven if you are into that). As convenient as a self-clean oven is, it’s not very safe and makes me wonder what kind of chemicals are leaching into our home. With the steam clean option, it’s 100% safe. And as simple as it sounds. You pour a cup of water in the bottom of the oven and it simply steams it. And gets it to a point where you can literally wipe out whatever was stuck to the oven with a paper towel!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
I tested out an air fryer chicken tender recipe and they turned out great!! SO crispy. You would never know they were not deep-fried.
My husband loved them so much he was wondering why I had been holding out on them for so long. To be honest…. I had no idea they would turn out so good.
I see a lot of chicken strips in our future.
I did have to adjust the cook temp and time which could have to do with my full-size oven air fryer vs a regular air fryer. It’s something I am going to play around with and will adjust the recipe as I go.
Favorite Dipping Sauce Recipes
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Original Sauce
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Polynesian Sauce
- Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Dipping Sauce
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Roasted Chicken
- Chicken Nugget Cheese Pizzas
- Dijon Maple Chicken Breasts
- Skinny Cumin Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken tenderloin - or ckn breast cut into strips
- 3 eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup Panko crumbs - regular or seasoned
- ½ cup all-purpose flour - can also sub almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat air fryer to 330.
- Put flour, egg, and panko crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Add salt, pepper, and olive oil to the Panko crumbs and mix well.
- Dip chicken in the flour, then the egg, then the Panko crumbs until evenly coated.
- Place in the cooking basket in the air fryer. You'll need to cook in batches - unless using a full-size air fryer oven with an air fryer accessory pan.
- Fry for 12-14 minutes. Or until golden brown and internal temp reaches 165 degrees. In my full-size air fryer oven I had to raise the temp to 350 for an additional 10 minutes. You may need to adjust temp and time for your air fryer.
- Remove chicken from air fryer and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Toss with your favorite sauce or serve with dipping sauce.