I made this Chicken Taco Soup last night and it was so good and felt so familiar (in a comfort food kind of way) I had to scroll through my recipes to see if I had already made it! Thank you Shawn Syphus @ iwashyoudry.com! This popped up on Pinterest and it looked so yummy I had to try it.
Something surprising happened with this recipe…. Last week a large bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning ended up in my cart and I’m honestly not totally sure why! Recently I’ve made homemade ranch dressing with Hidden Valley Ranch packets, Greek yogurt and milk. And my son loves it. But I’ve never purchased a large bottle of it before. Needless to say I was very confused about what to do with this seasoning!
Along comes Shawn’s Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup recipe….. and it calls for Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning! What luck! It’s the small things people….
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup (with Slow Cooker option)
Quick and super easy recipes are my go to….. but they’ve got to taste fantastic too! I had my doubts when making this because it’s SO EASY that I thought it was too good to be true. I was wrong. It’s fantastic. Especially for someone who needs something with little effort on a weeknight for a busy family!
Instant Pot Cook times
The only thing I’m updating on this recipe is the cook time. Any soup you make in the instant pot will be pretty easy to prep. But it’s not going to be a dish that’s ready in 20 (or even 30) minutes (due to large amount of liquid)! It’s usually about an hour cook time total when you add in the time it takes for it to pressurize. But I’ll take 5 minute prep time with a longer cook time any day!
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb - larger breasts may be 1.5 lbs so you will need to add about ¼-1/2 cup more chicken broth)
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 (15 oz) can chicken broth (or 1½ cups)
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- Sour Cream (we prefer Greek Yogurt!)
- Avocado slices
- Pico de Gallo
- Diced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Add all ingredients (except for the optional toppings) to the inner pot of your pressure cooker. Stir to combine flavors.
- Move the pressure release valve to the sealed position. Press the Soup button or Manual / High Pressure for 30 minutes. Quick release the pressure when finished cooking.
- Remove chicken breasts carefully with tongs. Shred in a bowl with 2 forks. Return chicken to the soup and stir.
- Serve with optional toppings. Enjoy!