After tackling the Standard Process Cleanse my husband and father-in-law decided to go on the Keto Diet to lose some weight. I decided not to go all in on the Keto Diet, however, I had to find some things they can eat and snack on. These Keto Everything Bagels from Craveable Keto are AMAZING. I love them!! And they are easy to make too.
If I can eat this stuff every day maybe I SHOULD go Keto! 🙂
Add some cream cheese or butter to this and it’s even more Keto friendly!
Low Carb Keto Everything Bagels
The recipe I found for Keto Everything Bagels called for making your own Everything Bagel Seasoning. I didn’t have time for that and used Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning and it worked perfectly.
After you get the dough mixed (warning – it is STICKY – but putting butter on my fingers helped!)…. you divide it into 6 equal portions. Roll each into a ball. Then press your finger into the center of each ball to form a bagel ring.
You brush the top with an egg and sprinkle on the Everything Bagel Seasoning. Easy peasy!
Serves: 6 bagels
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder and dried Italian seasoning. Mix until well combined. You can put the mixture through a sifter to ensure that all of the baking powder gets mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Crack one of the eggs into a small bowl and fork whisk. This will be the egg wash for the top of the bagels. The other 2 eggs will go in the dough.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove and stir to combine. Return and microwave for 1 additional minute. Mix until well combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simple put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Gently press your finger into the center of each dough ball to form a ring. Stretch the ring to make a small hole in the center and form it into a bagel shape.
- Brush the top of each bagel with the egg wash.
- Top each bagel with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.