I saw these mini tortilla pizzas on Pinterest over a year ago and finally decided to try it last week. We had a few friends over for dinner and they were perfect to test on our 3 and 4 year old boys. They were a huge hit!
These mini tortilla pizzas are also a great way to get your kids involved with making their own snack or dinner. To make helping in the kitchen safer for C, we purchased the Guidecraft Kitchen Helper when he was 1.5 years old. We have used it every week for almost 2 years! The height is adjustable so you can move it down as your kiddo grows. Both boys fit inside last night and they had a blast helping me top these mini tortilla pizzas.
Mini Tortilla Pizzas – SO fun and easy!
As we went along I noticed the pizzas started losing their mozzarella cheese topping. But as you can see from the pictures we had more than enough! 🙂
These make an excellent snack, appetizer and dinner for kids with a side of fruit or veggies!
Mini Tortilla Pizzas TIPS
- I make a batch of these and put in the freezer for snacks or dinner for my 3 year old. Easy to pull out and heat in the microwave or toaster oven.
- If you have leftover pizza sauce spoon a few tbsp into mini muffin tins until gone and place in the freezer. Once frozen run bottom of tin briefly under hot water and they will pop out. Place individual servings in a Ziploc bag and put back in freezer. **These are great for quick single serving pizzas using English muffins in the toaster oven. Just thaw out a few, thaw and top on the English muffins with mozzarella and toppings. Bake at 350 until cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- 3-4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 15oz can pizza sauce
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (or ½ tsp basil and ½ tsp oregano)
- ½ tsp garlic powder (Optional)
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package mini turkey or regular pepperoni slices (or 12 large pepperoni quartered)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray 12 count muffin tin with non-stick or olive oil cooking spray
- Lay each tortilla out one at a time and cut circles using a cookie cutter, the top of the pizza sauce can (or any 15 oz can) or even a kids juice cup. Cut 12 circles using as many tortillas as needed.
- Press each circle tortilla into the muffin tin. Press down using your fingers. Note: they do not need to cover the sides of the tin. They just need to form a "cup" and fit snugly.
- In a small bowl, pour in pizza sauce, Parmesan cheese and spices. Stir to combine.
- Top each "pizza" with 1-2 tbsp pizza sauce mix. This varies due to personal preference on how much sauce you like.
- Divide mozzarella cheese between each pizza. Then top with 4 mini turkey pepperoni slices. Or leave them off for plain cheese pizza.
- Bake in oven 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let pizzas cook in the pan. Remove using a fork or knife. They will just pop right out!
TIP 2: If you have leftover pizza sauce spoon a few tbsp into mini muffin tins until gone and place in the freezer. Once frozen run bottom of tin briefly under hot water and they will pop out. Place individual servings in a ziplock bag and put back in freezer. **These are great for quick single serving pizzas using english muffins in the toaster oven. Just thaw out a few, thaw and top on the english muffins with mozzarella and toppings. Bake at 350 until cheese has melted and lightly browned.