I realized a few months ago that there’s an important solution for me to be a good mom (and wife!) each and every day…… I need to start the day for MYSELF. It is important to find a “mom morning routine” so you can give your all to your husband and your children.
Do you struggle with getting dressed before 10am like me?? It’s not that we do this out of laziness! We are so busy making breakfast and getting everyone else ready for their day that we forget about ourselves. We get breakfast ready, get everyone off to school, drink coffee, check email, clean up from breakfast…… then it’s suddenly 10:00!
Starting this mom morning routine was a game changer for me… and my family! It’s AMAZING how simply getting dressed before your kids wake up helps kick start your morning.
MOM MORNING ROUTINE
- Wake up ONE HOUR before every else in your family so you can have this time alone to focus on YOU
- (5 minutes) Drink a pint of lemon water as soon as you wake up (and get coffee started if you drink it). There are so many health benefits to drinking room temperature lemon water first thing in the morning. If you are interested in more detail read this post.
- (10 minutes) I take this time to read a devotional book or the bible. You can always use this time to meditate or pray. Or even do some adult coloring!
- (25 minutes) Use this block of time to do a quick morning exercise, yoga or stretch. I’ve included several examples of what I do pictured below. You can find TONS of other examples on Pinterest as well (which is where I found my workouts). So far this one is my favorite!
- (20 minutes) Before anyone else wakes up…. take a quick shower and GET DRESSED. Usually I go straight into yoga pants but at least I’m not in my pajamas! 🙂
I focused this on stay at home moms but honestly working moms can benefit from doing this as well. I’m fairly certain you do not have the problem of getting dressed before 10am. But I have no doubt you will feel amazing just waking a little bit earlier and focusing on YOU for a few minutes each day.
After doing this mom morning routine I feel refreshed, energized and ready to take on the day! It allows me to be present for my husband and child. I do not feel like I’m always trying to squeeze in “me time” throughout the day. And it avoids the disappointment when I don’t get it.