I stumbled across these delicious fried cinnamon bananas when we were on the Standard Process Cleanse. (Thanks to One Little Project for the recipe!) They are perfect when you have a sweet craving on that cleanse…… but they are a great dessert for any day of the week. Especially for little ones!
Of course my little one asked for a squirt of whip cream on top. 🙂
These fried cinnamon bananas are also simple simple simple to throw together! And taste great by themselves or used as a topping on ice cream, yogurt, pancakes or french toast.
Only 4 ingredients needed! Bananas (of course), Cinnamon, Butter and raw honey (or regular honey if you prefer).
You first combine the cinnamon, butter and honey in the frying pan over medium-high heat until melted and combined. Then add banana slices to pan in one single layer and cook 4 minutes on both sides. Until caramelized and golden brown. YUM.
- 2 Bananas (cut into ½" pieces)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp raw honey (or regular honey)
- Combine the cinnamon, butter and honey in a frying pan over medium-high heat until melted and combined.
- Add the banana slices and cook for 4 minutes until the bottoms start to caramelize and turn golden brown. Adjust the temperature and cooking time as needed so that they don't burn.
- Flip all of the banana pieces and cook for another 4 minutes until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve immediately alone (topped with whip cream if desired), over ice cream, yogurt, pancakes or french toast.