I’ve done TONS of research this year on preschool age gifts and I’ve compiled a list of my top 10. In case it matters to you…. I have a 3 year old boy. But I think all of these suggestions work for girls too! Check out my Preschool Gift Guide below (there are affiliate links in this list).
Preschool Gift Guide
- FORT BOARDS – There is one thing we do with our son at least once a week and that is to build a fort. Despite our best efforts they are usually pretty weak and end in frustration because half of it is caving in. Or it’s acceptable but so small inside that he loses interest very quickly. There is a solution! Fort boards! They pack away nicely and are easy to build. You can also throw a blanket over the top to get a true fort feel.
- LEGOS – I don’t know that I need to say too much about legos. They are a staple in most houses. The main difference for us is that my 3 year old is less interested in the Duplo version now and is transitioning in to the standard size.
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS – A guitar, keyboard or any other instrument that is a step up from the toddler musical instruments makes a great gift. There are plenty to choose from that are not too costly (which is important at this age when they can still easily break things).
- CODE A PILLAR – This toy was very popular last year and is still at the top of most gift guides for this year as well. Watch the price on Amazon – it fluctuates greatly! I scored one a few months ago for $24.99!
- CAMELOT JR – If your child is into puzzles like mine is this is an excellent way to challenge them and take it to another level. There are 48 challenges with this puzzle game and different skill levels too! It helps develop logic and spatial reasoning skills. A must have for any preschool puzzle lover!
- DIECAST CARS – Especially from the Cars movie! My son can’t get enough of these and they are great stocking stuffers. We have a large amount of matchbox cars which are fantastic too (and classics). However, my son tends to play with his “cars with eyes” more than the matchbox versions. 🙂
- MARBLE RUNS – My son has been begging for a marble run for 6 months now. He is definitely getting one of these this year and I will update this post on how often he actually plays with it. But the reviews I’ve read are great and we have a neighbor with one and she reports that her 2 young kids play with it every week.
- BOOKS – Our favorite bedtime books right now are the Storybook Collections. There are many versions including Disney movies, Disney Jr and one that is solely Star Wars! They have several books that are for girls including a Disney Princess Storybook Collection.
- DESIGN AND DRILL – This is another gift that is top rated every year. My son got one a few weeks ago from his aunt and uncle and so far so good! It comes with many different boards with different designs that you are supposed to recreate. It’s not just drilling. Very creative toy too once they get to the point of making their own designs.
- LITTLE TIKES CONSTRUCT AND LEARN SMART WORKBENCH – One of my sons favorite toys is a Lightening McQueen that you can take apart and put back together with a screwdriver. This workbench takes that concept to a whole new level. It comes with several smart cars that you can construct on the workbench. There is an interactive app that will walk your child through whatever they are trying to build. Genius!
Thanks for checking out my Preschool Gift Guide. I hope it was helpful. If you need any help with good travel toys check out my post about our Amtrak train trip this summer!