The other day I wanted to do something different for lunch (different for my family at least!). I was going through my pantry and fridge and realized that I had everything to make a delicious batch of sheet pan nachos.
I think I made this weekly when I was in college. The only thing that takes time while prepping is browning the meat so it’s very easy to whip up as an appetizer or snack for hungry tummies.
You can do so many different things with this recipe. I used beef but you can use literally any ground meat (turkey, chicken, etc) or even shredded chicken (sauteed in a pan with some water and taco seasoning). You can even use my Mexican beef recipe if you’d like to add (hide) more vegetables to the dish.
This time I had black beans in my pantry but you could use kidney beans, pinto beans, or refried beans. This is a great recipe for black refried beans from Lively Table!
ADDITIONAL SHEET PAN NACHOS TOPPINGS
- Avocado or guacamole
- Black olives
- Chopped red onion (or thinly sliced green onion)
- Sour cream
You can use any or all of these! For me with nachos…. the more the merrier.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- 1 lb ground beef - see notes
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning - or 1 packet
- 2 tbsp water
- enough chips to line baking sheet
- ¾ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup rinsed, drained canned black beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- black olives
- sour cream
- green onion, thinly sliced - or diced red onion
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until fully cooked. Stir often to help break up the meat. About 7 to 9 minutes. If you have a lot of liquid or grease I suggest pouring it off.
- Add taco seasoning and water and stir to combine. Remove pan from the heat.
- Spread chips all over in a single layer on the sheet pan. Add generous portions of the meat to the chips. Followed by cheeses and black beans.
- Bake until cheese is melted starting to brown a bit in a few places. Probably about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Top with avocado, olives, onion, sour cream, and / or cilantro. Serve with salsa and lime wedges.