There’s nothing that makes me more satisfied at lunch time than a good tuna or chicken salad. Except for the mayonnaise. So I’ve embraced the Skinny Chicken Salad! (And you can do the same for tuna too!)
A few years ago I stopped using mayo in my salads like this Skinny Chicken Salad and only use Greek Yogurt. You can sub Greek yogurt for ANY recipe that calls for mayo! However not all Greek yogurts are the same. You need a really good, thick yogurt to be able to adequately substitute for mayo. My favorite is Fage. It’s AMAZING.
I also use it as a sour cream substitute. For everything. Including mixing up a bowl of my favorite onion dip (I’m obsessed with this!).
Skinny Chicken Salad
For this salad I prefer to use cooked chicken breast (normally in my Instant Pot) and then shred it up. However, you can use a 12 oz can of chicken breast as well to save time. Or grab a roasted chicken from the grocery store already cooked. TIP: shred it while it’s hot! MUCH easier.
I love eating this with the protein crackers from Costco. SO YUMMY. These crackers are also very good with any chicken or tuna salad.
- 12 oz Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup celery sliced
- ½ cup apple, diced into small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp raisins (or Craisins)
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Use either chicken breast baked or cooked in the Instant Pot (then shredded). Or use a roasted chicken (make sure to shred when it's hot! MUCH easier that way).
- Serve with crackers, celery slices or on a sandwich.