This delicious sweet beer bread recipe uses only 6 ingredients – and all kitchen staples!
Except for maybe the beer. I haven’t found a good substitute that gives you the same results so I can’t recommend a substitute if you do not keep beer in stock. Maybe a neighbor will give you a cheap bottle! You don’t need anything fancy for this recipe. Any beer will do.
Sweet Beer Bread
The Coronavirus quarantine has really changed the way I am shopping and cooking. And I am sure it has been that way for you too.
I am trying not to enter the grocery store and do delivery or pickup only for groceries. Due to high demand, I only do this once a week (if that). It has forced me to find easy recipes with minimal staple ingredients. And I love that I’m getting back to that!
Beer bread is an easy way to get a loaf of bread when you can’t get to the store.
This beer bread is also a great addition to any type of chili recipe. It does use a lot of butter and is not low carb…… but man is it GOOD.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (can also do 1.5 cups AP flour plus 1.5 cups Almond flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt (or table salt)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 bottle (12 oz) beer
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Slowly pour in the beer and honey and stir until combined to make a batter.
- Pour half of the butter in the the bottom of a 9x5 inch bread pan. Brush it around to fully coat the sides of the pan.
- Add the batter to the pan and spread it out until it is an even layer. Then brush on the remaining butter evenly on the batter. (I never use all of the remaining butter - just enough to coat the top).
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and transfer the pan to a wire baking rack to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice with a bread knife and enjoy!! Serve warm.